Tuesday, July 06, 2010

World Cup Semi-final Predictions

Uruguay vs. Holland:

While I would like Holland to lose, given that I prefer one South American in the final, I can't see it happening. Holland players know how this team is working (as per Seedorf on BBC) and I have to agree. Uruguay are without their unofficial goalkeeper striker Luis Suarez, and only Diego Forlan to create chances. I predict a workmanlike game.

Prediction: 1-0 Holland
Result: 3-2 Holland

Spain vs. Germany:

So the psychic octopus has picked Spain, but I would dearly love Germany to win this cup. Their play has been brilliant as Spain has been boring (pass pass pass no one shoots). However, Spain is tough (and frustrating - give up the ball and wait for 20 minutes to get it back). I don't think there will be a lot of goalmouth action here.

Prediction: 1-0 Spain
Result: 1-0 Spain

4 comments:

Az said...

Again, congrats on getting both wins right. I've been rooting for Spain since the beginning (a pure fluke since I knew absolutely nothing about them) and I'm glad that they've advanced to the final. It should be interesting :)

mezba said...

Azra, it should be an interesting final. I hope we see a good game! I wonder if Paul the Octopus will predict the final.

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Should be an interesting final! I'm rooting for Holland since that's where I'm from but I'm happy that either way a new team wins the world cup!

LOL @ unofficial goalie...I really don't like Suarez :/

mezba said...

Cairo: I don't know who to root for! Traditionally Holland had played very attractive foot ball but this time, not really! But they are winning! Good luck to your team!