Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Beef is better than chicken

I can cook. I discovered that this week. I don't know how moms do it every day though. I don't mind cutting, chopping, cooking and cleaning for 1 day, and then storing it in the fridge so I have something to eat when I come back from work for the next 2 days.

1 day cooking 3 day eating.

One other thing I also discovered - beef is infinitely way easier to cook than chicken. If you overcook chicken, or add too much water, or spice, or salt, it's gone. You can eat it but you have to make a face. The ten chicken pieces I saw in the freezer I guess I will BBQ next week (read: not cook). I guess I added too much water, the chicken was very loose. And somewhat yucky.

Beef on the other hand - the longer it remains on the oven the tender it gets (my theory). Some mother somewhere is probably getting a heart attack at the sacrilegious statements I am making here.

But yesterday even I was surprised as to how good the beef I prepared was. It was spicy (very), not hard at all (bite-able), had the proper proportion of salt, and very, very tasty. Yummy. The first day when I cooked chicken I was like crap - I have to eat this slop for the next three months I am home alone, but now I have some hope. Yup -until next time.

No comments: